Pharmacy Alliance Privacy Statement
This document sets out the policy of Pharmacy Alliance Pty Ltd ACN 103 792 310 (Pharmacy Alliance) relating to the protection of the privacy of personal information. This policy document is intended to enable members and others who interact with Pharmacy Alliance to understand what types of personal information we collect, and what we do with such information in performing Pharmacy Alliance's functions and in relation to our privacy obligation.
Pharmacy Alliance is a member based organisation with over 500 independent pharmacy members across Australia. We provide procurement, marketing, IT, operational and HR support to our members.
Pharmacy Alliance collects personal information from Member pharmacy owners, staff and shoppers, non-member pharmacy owners and staff (including existing and prospective members), suppliers, contractors, consultants and prospective employees, and other individuals for the purposes listed in section 3 below.
1. The kind of personal information that Pharmacy Alliance collects
We will only collect your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for or directly related to the conduct of our functions or activities. Where we collect your personal information, we will do so only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. The kind of personal information that Pharmacy Alliance will collect from you will depend on the circumstances in which that information is collected. It may include:
- your name, date of birth and gender;
- contact details (your address, email, phone and facsimile details);
- current and former employment details, including the name of your employer, your position with that employer, the duration of your employment and your management experience;
- education and qualifications;
- skills and areas of interest (professional and otherwise);
- other professional memberships;
- career intentions;
- your IP addresses and the dates and times of visits to Pharmacy Alliance's website; and
- Any other personal information which will enable Pharmacy Alliance to process your application for membership.
- Your opinions, preferences about specific products and services.
- Your communications with us or with any Alliance Pharmacy.
- Survey information and data from events you attend or subscribe to
- Bring your own device (BYOD) data from computers, laptops, tablets and phones you may bring to Pharmacy Alliance events and use to access Pharmacy Alliance wireless provided network facilities
- Website data from Pharmacy Alliance websites and websites you access whilst using Pharmacy Alliance internet and wireless network services at Pharmacy Alliance events or at our Member Support Office.
- Transactional information about your acquisition and use of our goods and services; and
- Any information we are required to collect by law.
2. How Pharmacy Alliance collects personal information
Pharmacy Alliance usually collects personal information through:
- its website, including through online enquiry forms and cookies;
- applications for membership;
- registration and attendance at events;
- the provision of member service and support, including dealings you may have with a Member Support Office team member or Pharmacy Group Manager or Business Development Manager;
- requests for brochures, to join a mailing list or to be contacted for further information about Pharmacy Alliance's programs and services;
- responses to surveys or research conducted by Pharmacy Alliance or on Pharmacy Alliance's behalf;
- social media and other external websites; and
- employment applications
3. Use and disclosure of personal information
Pharmacy Alliance's main purposes for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information are the following:
- to process and approve applications for membership with Pharmacy Alliance;
- event registrations;
- transactions including for the payment of membership fees and services
- improve and develop Pharmacy Alliance's programs and services to you and your pharmacy;
- marketing and promotional purposes including to inform you of other Pharmacy Alliance's programs and services, and generally promote Pharmacy Alliance memberships and events.
- any services you may request;
- access to online systems
- employment applications
4. Accessing and correcting the information Pharmacy Alliance keeps about you
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information collected by us is accurate and up-to-date at the time of collecting, using and disclosing that information. You may at any time request access to the information that Pharmacy Alliance has collected from you. Pharmacy Alliance prefers that this request be in writing. All enquiries should be made by contacting Pharmacy Alliance in one of the ways below:
Phone: 03 9860 3300
In Writing: Privacy Officer, Pharmacy Alliance, Level 4 111 Coventry St, South Melbourne VIC 3205
Pharmacy Alliance may require that you provide sufficient identification before allowing you to access the personal information held about you. If Pharmacy Alliance is required or authorised by law to do so, it may refuse to provide you with access to this information.
Pharmacy Alliance may charge a fee for you to access your personal information held. If so, Pharmacy Alliance will advise the amount of that fee once your request for access is assessed, and may require payment prior to allowing you to access your personal information. Pharmacy Alliance will not charge a fee for you to lodge a request for access.
Pharmacy Alliance will either provide you with access or inform you of its decision to refuse access within 30 days of receiving your request.
5. Contacting Pharmacy Alliance
Pharmacy Alliance is committed to providing a fair and responsive system for handling and resolving complaints. If at any time you wish to lodge a complaint in respect of the handling, use or disclosure of your personal information by Pharmacy Alliance you may do so by writing to the following address:
Privacy Officer, Pharmacy Alliance Lvl 4 111 Coventry St, South Melbourne VIC 3205
Alternatively, you may contact Pharmacy Alliance's Privacy Officer by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pharmacy Alliance will investigate your complaint and will use reasonable endeavours to respond to you as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 30 days after receiving your complaint.
6. Disclosure overseas
Pharmacy Alliance may disclose your personal information to other organisations. Generally, Pharmacy Alliance may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients for support and assistance as it uses cloud based internet applications that are hosted outside of Australia for its operational business platform.
The Alliance Pharmacy Rewards program customer database is held and managed in Australia and New Zealand.
Pharmacy Alliance (“we” “us” or “our”) collect your personal information (such as your name, contact details and company/employer) directly from you when you request that we consider your application for membership, register for an event or respond to marketing communication or submit an online entry form, or otherwise.
We collect your personal information for the purposes of keeping you informed of the services we offer and developments that may be of interest to you, notifying you of events that we are holding, running surveys to improve our programs and services, confirming your identity when you contact us and addressing any feedback or complaints you may have.
If we do not collect your personal information as described, we may not be able to provide you with the information you have requested or provide certain programs or services to you.
We may disclose some or all of this personal information to third parties with whom we may collaborate for events, or service providers providing services such as finance, bookkeeping, insurance, marketing, IT management or any other organisation we may have established a partnership with to allow you to receive exclusive member benefits personally or for your pharmacy. We may also disclose your personal information to overseas recipients for support and assistance as we use cloud based internet applications that are hosted outside of Australia for its operational business platform.
We protect any personal information that we collect and hold about you from misuse or loss. We also protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Where we need to disclose your personal information to a service provider or other agent or contractor, we prohibit them from using the personal information except for the specific purpose that we have provided it. We will take responsible steps to destroy or de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed in accordance with the Privacy Act.
You can contact us at email@example.com or by phone to 03 9860 3300.